Monday, August 02, 2004

Lakshya — my ’lakshya’

Finally last Saturday I saw the topnotch movie ‘Lakshya’, Yeah I know spiderman2 is the top talks and hyped movie these days, but I’d not seen Lakshya yet…Have been planning to see the movie for quite some time but plans failed always.

Attempt 1 : Me and one of my friends (at work) decided to see the movie in the evening after office hours…was kinda surprised when my friend said yes .I asked again ‘ you sure??’ , yes yes absolutely was the answer, would be done by 6.
Still not sure on my friends plan (coz its not that easy to convince my friend for a movie), I told my friend twice that its okay if you have work…we will not go today…on which I was replied “Don’t worry am done, we’ll go today”
At 6, pinged my friend, 10 min more was the answer, again after 10 min got the same answer and then there goes my movie plan. We did Not see the movie tht day

Attempt 2: One Sunday my childhood friend and me planned for the movie. 3 O’clock show it was…morning called her to confirm the plan…she said she would be at my place at 2. I insisted her being at my home at 1:30 (with her rep of being late) and she said okay. 2 o’clock she calls me and tells me, is just returning from the beauty parlor, shd I come over, will we get the tickets. I was like no forget it.

Attempt 3: This was the successful attempt.
Last Saturday me and another colleague planned for the movie. I was supposed to get the tickets in advance, (to be on the safest side). So I go to E-square, park my car(in the correct Parking lot). the security guard requested , Madam could you please park it the other side…I said okay. Got in the car again and parked it the place where he mentioned. Then was very close to the ticket counter when a fellow came behind and said. Madam 30Rs, I was like for what…’Parking fees’. There was no queue at all for the tickets it would hardly take me 2 min to purchase the tickets..he was like no madam we are instructed not to allow that ... blah blah blah. I returned to the parking (sometimes I become stingy just for no reason) and was telling him pehle batane ka tha and all…his generosity popped up and he said, “madam we will park it outside I will stand near your car, you purchase the tickets.” I agreed.
I stood in the queue, there were like 10 men already….reached the counter and said
“2 tickets for 3 O’clock Lakshya show”
The counter lady replied “ Madam the tickets are available, but can you please get it from the ladies counter”
I said(without realizing the matter) : No its okay I’ll get it from here.
Lady “No Madam, you will have to get it from the ladies counter, this is a gents queue”

WHAT THE …., I went to the Ladies queue, awaited my turn and purchased the ticket. After returning I confirmed my friend's availability (Had she said NO, I’d decided to watch it ALONE), but she didn't disappoint me and we saw the great movie and it was worth all the pain. The sceneries were good, and should be seen on big screen only.


P.S : I would advise my 2 'good' friends to see the movie in theatre only :), it's worth it, and I can accompany you again.

No comments: