Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Virtuous Thoughts

At the our office entrance, we have a white board which has some thoughts, proverbs written everyday. Its nice to read them, It sometimes gives food for thought. I even have a habit of noting it down in some book or diary, some which I really like.

This happens to me pretty often, when I read it the first time, I think I understood it and learnt something new from it..but then after some months or years when I read it again The proverb is full of new meanings and depth again. Too philosphical eh...

some more virtuous thoughts that i received today and worth noting. Am sure reading it after some days will have more depth in them.

  • "A good home must be made, not bought. "
  • "Forgiving others is a gift to yourself. "
  • "I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice. "
  • "We do not so much need the help of our friends as the confidence of their help in need. "
  • "The deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy."
  • "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all. "
  • "Love heals all. "
  • "It is better to correct your own faults than those of another. "
  • "If you scatter thorns, don't go barefoot. "
  • "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "
  • "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. "
  • "Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."

No comments: