Friday, March 09, 2007

Birthdays

I still remember my childhood days when as a child i wud keep counting days rather months for my birthday to come. everyday i would tell my mom, 1 month left, 28 days left etc etc...and my mom would nod her head and have the same excitement, (atleast thats wht i think).

I wonder why birthdays were rather ARE so special for me, mebbe the new clothes, distributing chocolates, or getting break from wearing the blue uniform or standing in front of the whole class grinning while they would very happily sing the happy birthday song ( am sure they must be waiting for the chocolates) I used to distribute melody and eclairs :-) to the class.Evenings would cut cake and friends would come over, not only my friends but my brothers (though he had vey few), my moms , my dads :-), neighbours, some cousins and the whole jhing bang lot.We would serve rasna, (well coke and all were not that famous then and the pet bottles had not come yet..and whatever came my dad would use it with his whiskey..well he and his friends would celebrate by drinking on my 'day), and in paper plates we would have samosa, wada, farsan, budhani chips, gulab jamun(mom believed in having a sweet, apparently cake was not considered as a sweet dish for her) and ofcourse the cut cake and monginis cake slices (if the cake was not enuf). Friends would dance(since mom was a teacher, her students wud compose some dance for me) and they wud have a skit etc. Mom would make my fav masala bhat for dinner (yeah after all this we had dinner too :-)) and it used to be fun time.

Well this is me and my birthdays, there were some gals in my class and some friends who do not make such a hoo hah about their birthday, and I always thought that it is a very sophisticated behaviour.

I've tried it every year(the sophisticated behaviour)..not to make a big deal of it..but at the end of the day I do make a big deal of it. This year I'm becoming 30(yeah yeah whtever happened to the rule of woman concealing their age) and I thought that I would not make a deal of it coz i am getting old and hence I've not told anybody at work about my birthday..so far I am successfull there(but i am sure i will tell them by the end of day).but I bought myself a pair of jeans and in the evening I am visiting my friends at Reading (which was not part of my plan at all) coz by birthday comes only once a year, it has to be different in some way right? he he he so..its not gonna be a normal day.
and yes (Ruz was not planning for this, but then I thought I have to live upto your expectations ;)) Thanks for all the birthday wishes.


My Birthday wish: May I get my special one atleast this year :-)

P.S: Well I forgot to mention that my bro's b'day is on 6th and mine is on 9th, so the party would be for both of us but I would like to believe it was for me coz hey..its all about me here isnt ;)


P.P.S : Talking about countdowns, this is my 97th post, soon reaching the mark of 100.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its 2AM in the night and all the food mentioned is making my stomach grumble :P

And yo!! ur 30 now :) I see it the other way, ki now ur getting wiser. We all wish you find your special one this year!

-Ruzz

PS: You got my blog link wrong :))

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Belated B'day wishes to you gal!!
though I wished you on time...you checked it late...and didnt even invite me for b'day treat.

Bad...bad...very bad :(

Sunita said...

:) Hope you had lots of fun. May the year ahead bring all kinds of happiness in tons.

97th post ...very very cool. The count down begins ...

Risha said...

@Ruz ; OOps!! I'll correct that. Thanks for the wishes.

@arz00n : Yeah you were amongst the first ones to wish me, your treat is pending on me, deal!!! ?

@Sunita : thanks for the wishes dear...yeah will soon become 100, how abt u, how many posts? :p

puja said...

hey u made me nostalgic reminds of our days in Kirkee ( esp the funny gifts we used to give). well wish u were here on ur bde. wanted to give u huge surprises. once again wish u luck and happiness

Risha said...

@ Puja : Thanks for the wishes dear. those days were fun werent' they?