Wednesday, November 24, 2004

How often you make somebody's day

Was reading this blog Little consideration ,incidently one of my colleagues told me a similar thing that happened with him that day.
Bhuvan : reshma..did u ever see a twinkle in the eye?
me: No..why...I mean what do you mean?
Bhuvan : This morning I left home to dump the garbage (some boxes) and a small kid was walking along pleaing to give him the garbage. When asked why.. he said..'saab isko bechunga ..mere khaane ka intezaam ho jayega' (I'll sell these ...and buy some food).
Bhuvan gave him his garbage bag and also lended him 2Rs...the boy was grateful..then looked at him and asked if he could give a rupee more...Bhuvan was surprised...that why is the boy demanding for a rupee only...when asked, the little boy said....'saab mai chocolate khaunga'(I'll eat a chocolate)Bhuvan was surprised..'ki..bhai 3 rupaye mein kaunsi chocolate aati hai' ( his punjabi style)..he took the little boy to a nearby shop and brought him a big party size Dairy milk chocolate.
The young boy was overwhelmed, and the twinkle in his eyes said it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very touching. i'm gonna remember this for a long time!

I don't believe in preachings of saints.. but one very learned and well read saint, (extensively reads books not related with religion too), said "Never miss an opportunity to help someone. Even the slightest doubt should not hold you back."

His advise has always stayed with me.. Over time I have realised, it's our heart that always tells us when such an opportunity comes by. And when the moment passes by owing to doubt of genuiness, it does keep playing on your heart!!

We are one of the MOST fortunate people. Nature has it's own way of mainitaing balance in our lives. We should make good use of our abilties to look out for such opportunites and act accordingly.