Friday, June 08, 2007

Thankyou ORKUT

Thanks to Orkut I will be meeting a school classmate after 15years tomorrow :-)
Am so happy and excited. We were not in the same group of friends but were together for 10 years. same school, same classmates, same teachers. I still remember her as a plump girl in our blue school uniform with side partitioned hair style, like rajesh khanna had once and the most peculiar thing about her she used to tie her school belt not on her waist or low waist but above her stomach :) I will be seeing her tomorrow after 15 years, wonder what she looks like, how she talks (I've talked with her over phone past few days) we have so much to catch on to, well i think will have to wait for the catchin up part, Tomorrow she is coming from India, so will meet her at the airport, probably will catch up on all the talks later.
Am gonna travel back to schoold days for the next month for sure...and maybe explore more school friends. How I wish there was a school reunion of our batch. It would be lovely to know about our old classmates where they are, what they doing did they do what they wanted to do. How our teachers are doing. How will they talk to us now, when they see how they groomed the tiny girls into lovely woman. I think, School reunions or finding old school friends is especially difficult coz for a girls school, because girls generally get married, change names move to a different town (well these days ofcourse all go to us or uk), I think its much simpler to trace a boy classmate than a girl..isnt?
Anyways, I'm happy atleast I'll be meeting one of them tomorrow :-)

7 comments:

ams said...

cool... yeah, even i came across lot of old classmates on orkut!
It also helped me find some friends of friends in this area.

Anonymous said...

yeah, orkut is helping us find friends which we never thought would be able to meet again..!! I can understand ur excitement.. :)

Sunita said...

wow!! I need to get this thing soon.

How do we know said...

Do post about the meeting. Your post reminded me of a similar classmate of mine too..

puja said...

hey ya same here... got in touch with many lost , out of touch frnds... eg- rebecca, priya, diana, sharon ....so how was ur meet. i m really jealous of u guys . u plan to hv lots of fun together i guess:( wel sad i cud not meet reb b4 she left frm here...

Unknown said...

try LinkedIn.com :)

Risha said...

@ Ams : God bless Orkut for that :)
@ Beens : Again, God bless Orkut :)
@ Sunita : you better do it fast gal, you'll go crazy and be overwhelmed.
@ how do we know : Welcome to my blog, my next post is about the meeting, check it out. Thanks for the comment.
@Rashmi : okay will do the needful, thanks for letting me know.
@ Puja : yeah...I hope we get some more
@ Babul : yeah I am on linkedin too, but I find that more professional and for work related stuff, not fun stuff or friends