Thursday, June 21, 2007

How Mgrs avoid taking their team for lunch.

While reading this all I could remember was how some mgrs manage to run away from sponsoring well deserved lunch /dinner for his/her team, by well deserved I mean working overtime or some unachievable milestone achieved etc etc. Here is a list of how does a boss avoids taking you out for lunch/dinner, and if he does how he ensures you pay for the food, and if he pays for the food he ensures you order the cheapest one.

1. He'll call the team to work on weekends at 2:00 p.m

2. He'll stay very near to the office and will walk out declaring I am going home for food just before lunch/dinner time

3. He will get biscuits, coke and big packet of crisps(wafers), chocolates when he returns from his lunch

4. He generously orders food (when his wife is not in town or back in India) for the team, and then sends a mail with his bank account no and the amount to be transferred.

5. Iff (that is a rare possibility) he takes you out for lunch or dinner he will chose the cheeeeeeeeeeeapest..blv me cheeeeeapest like a combo of dal-roti and tap water.

Do you have any such expereineces/excuses to share ??

8 comments:

Magnolia said...

Excuse 1- The food outside is so unhealthy.

Excuse 2- We care for your health. We don't want to subject you unwanted calories. That's why we are going to the Vegetable market for a feast.
...but then again it contains pesticide...

Excuse 3- We are planning to save the money and donate it in charity to a really poor person (that's me)

Excuse 4- The time we have been given by the Boss is one hour. I am sure that is too short for your appetite.

Excuse 5- We are going to a roofless eatery...that roadside stall.

Excuse 6- I will take you out for lunch. God promise. We are waiting for the Royal astrologer for an appropriate date....I'm also sorry to mention that our Royal Astrologer passed away last year. We will be releasing an ad, in our official newspaper for that position...which will take another year to be developed.

Excuse 7- Your performance has been good? Says who?? I will take you out for lunch, only after we replace Microsoft as the #1.

Excuse 8- I have arranged for dinner at Ritz!!...Please sponsor your own tickets.

Magnolia said...

uh oh....did i type too much?

Pushpa said...

Luckily I did come across good set of bosses, ever ready to take u out for lunch/dinner not only to a restaurant but also to their homes for a lavish yummy dinner. Touch wood...

msk said...

Well said. Remember D. Singhal my ex-boss..used to take me out to Chineese(Elan market complex) and Taco bell(Near Sangam) only for all the overtime I did for him :(

Unknown said...

Low Paid High Skilled Migrant Worker?

Welcome to the world of outsourcing and off-shoring

We did it ourselves, working for lower wages :)

Unknown said...

I learnt one smart way to do it. Take the team for lunch.. and end of it, declare loudly that it's on the house :D

puja said...

wel never came across any Boss who gave excuses to take me out for lunch/ dinner .....but yes ppl who in the typical PUNERI style said "wel i guess u must hv had ur dinner / lunch n come" ( to save themselves frm the trouble )

Risha said...

@ Magnolia : My god you have so many excuses, I hope you never my manager he he he
@Push : yeah I was lucky so far :-) too hopefully your luck prevails
@MSK : Nice to see you here, why dont you visit often, yeah i remember him, He'd taken me also twice out for lunch so that I become part of his team :) [thats wht i guess]
@Babul : yeah man...in this indian consultancy business, whoever started this is to be blamed, and who ever continues the trend should be fired :)
@J : that is so so so lovely!! :-) nice to see you back
@ Puja : yeah i know those sadashiv peth types he he he he, these mgrs are of the same category..even worse sometimes :-)