Friday, June 15, 2007

last weekend!!

Last weekend was full of unexpected events(3 to be precise)(in a happy way, thankfully) (ya ya i know its already time for this weekend..but its just friday yet, isnt't it so can write about it )As you know was going to meet my school friend (whom I found via orkut ) at the airport, plan was i meet her, chat for 5-10 min while she waits for the cab or exchanges her TC's , calls home etc etc..the usual chores that one would do when reached at destination and then she goes to her place which is an hour away from london and me back home. i reached 10 min late...my bad and her friend who was going to pick her up was late too coz he had wrong information about the flight delay, So there I shared the coffee table with her for around 40 minutes or so, okay first how we met...I was wondering and wandering how would I recognize her since we dint decide on a meeting point at the terminal I kept calling her once I was on the terminal and searching up and down eyes wandering on all the indian girls there and far I see a girl waving at me :) She was walking towards me and recognized me immediately and I was looking at the little girl face I knew and then I hugged her :) We sat on the coffee table and she showed me our school pic from Std 4 i.e. grade 4 ohhh it was so nice to see the whole class ...and I realized I couldnt remember the names of each and every girl and I'd forgotten so many faces, This weekend I plan to sit with her(yeah me visiting her) and try to get the names right of our classmates. Her friend came to pick her up we put in all the luggage and then time to say bye and he (her friend) said you not coming? I am like no I live here in London, he was like..no problem, come with us, I'm coming back to London so will drop you. Wow that thought excited me rather both of us so I went in too. We talked for another hour or so. I was thinking so many things have changed and she was telling me that she is still in touch with some of the teachers, and my memory was refreshed with the names of some teachers who I forgot. I(rather her friend) dropped her to her place, and she had a parcel for me, Chitale bhakarwadi, a DVD, some mithais and a cute bead necklace and bracelet. Ohh how thoughtful and beautiful. I hogged on the bhakarwadi on my way back to London. Am so excited that I will be seeing her tomorrow again.

The second unexpected thing that happened was on Sunday...while I was watching a movie(the DVD that my friend brought), I get a call from another friend saying that you got to come with me today, I was like okay sure, where and what time, she said for a concert, get ready in 10 min I'll pick you up, me surprised..huh..concert!! okay dress code...smart casual she says...and I get up immediately, put on my jeans high heel shoes lipstick and am ready, then I learn from her that we are going for George Michaels concert at the new Wembley stadium. wohh......i cud have put on my trainer shoes :) never mind. the stadium is huuuuuuuuuuuuuge 90,000 people can be accomodated in it at one time, the walk to the gates(not the main gate...the side entrance gates,once on top) is so broad that 8 cars can drive through it at the same time. The stadium was full with many woman in their mid 30's and many gay men. the concert was lovely, we tapped and swayed when he sang careless whisper, faith, freedom , good puppy, father figure. I was not aware of all the songs he sang. It was fun..I'd never expected that I would be seeing Wembley stadium, and George Michaels performance in it. :)

so all in all unexpected things, go to drop my friend to her house, see wembley stadium, attend george michaels concert.

Have a lovely weekend full of (pleasantly)unexpected events you guys.

3 comments:

Sunita said...

So you are having a rocking time!! Enjoy!!

Pushpa said...

G Mich ..........ohhhhhh Me God....u r one lucky devil....touchwood...

Risha said...

@ sunita and Push : Thanks gals, I did have a nice time :)