Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Rains Anew

"A gently blowing wind sweeps across my face,
right now I wouldn't want to be in any other place
than sitting in my room with pitter patter sound
of raindrops hitting the window roof and ground,
With my own thoughts and my own world
I sit in my bed covered comfy and curled
I think of words hardly anyone would say
I'd love if it rained every single day"

Rains are back in Pune ( they started pretty early this year but then lost their directions for Pune, similar to ghanan ghanan song of Lagaan). Past 2-3 days its pouring again and once more all the rain accessories are out. You can see children in colorful raincoats , gumbooots, caps and umbrellas. People standing under the tree for shelter, and there's chhapak chhapak splash everywhere. Rainy season is good for trekkers, u get swamped in rains, enjoy the serene beauty of nature, witness a lot of natural waterfalls and hear frogs croaking. There's greenery everywhere, this is the best time to see different shades of green.

Some people enjoy watching the rains and eat garam garam bhajiya's(Diet conscious folks may drink hot soups though) and some (especially Moms)want to get some more plants for the garden(Definitions of garden vary in the morden age of flats and apartments).It would be a boon for farmers now.
 
The other side of it though is ..you hear a lot of cough and sneeze everywhere(My Doctor friend enjoys the season coz her clinic is full of patients).
P.S: I hear a sneeze every 5 min in the office and am also a part of it. "aaachhu'



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thatz an another day of blogging. keep it up.

Thatz a nice poem. Exactly my sentiments.

I love the rains too. Infact I just love walking in the rain. The smell of the earth is an another soothing factor.

-Sunita

Anonymous said...

There cannot be a better way to explain all the phases of RAIN.

K J said...

Nice poem....Aachu...
Aachu...I must have caught this from you.