Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas in London

Jingle bells Jingle bells jingle all the way....yipeee christmas is here 4 days chutti, I am in the capital of the land of goras(gosh when will i forget they ruled us for more than 100 years).

Its cold out here and when i say cold i mean veryyyyyyy cold the min temp is 1 or 2 degree celcius and max is 6-7...., I take 20-25 min to dress up in layers(this does not include make up time), I change tubes like crazy (work in central london) nearly run to catch up with these guys in black coat(every one seems to be wearing a big long coat, reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, though nobody wears the hat,I get outnumbered with my colorful girly pink one), there are christmas carols everywhere, the place is decorated so well, I've never seen bridges in India decorate like that for diwali or so too, smoke keeps coming out of my mouth all the time,while I walk between the stations I keep admiring the ladies who wear pencil heels walking tuk tuk tuk and do all these daily chores of walking and changing trains and tubes, I admire the cleanliness in the tubes,and their etiquettes(will have another blog on this one) I got my oyster card to commute, everybody is in a hurry and so am i(i can pretend well) and in that hurry they pick up rather snatch the free newspapers to read on train(its like the scenario outside our local bus stops where these salesman will keep saying madam kidhar janeeka hai bombay, nasik goa...bus hai apna....you just cant ignore..they are walking with you all the time) same is the case with newspapers...never seen anybody offering free newspapers like that.

Its a week now in london and they just passed zooop like that (hope the next 6 months do so too). will go site seeing with some friends this weekend, going to see the energetic(so they say) Merchants of Bollywood and spend Christmas with my cute couple friend "chet" (as Suni and me fondly call him) and beens.

P.S: I am looking for accommodation here, so anybody with any ideas/suggestions please let me know and yes Merry Christmas to all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish I could be there too! I love almost everythig u explained. Hope you have a great weekend! and post some colorful pics of Christmas Evenings in Trafalgar Sq.

Anonymous said...

Ho..ho..ho MERRY CHRISTMAS to u Risha dear. Hey but i felt very bad as u did not mention anything about ME(Father christmas- Santa Claus)in your blog.Wel never mind ....i had dropped in to wish u on 25th midnight and gift u your present but i guess u were deep in sleep dreaming(wonder about whom).so u missed your gift.hey but remember next time, to put me also in the picture......coz when its Christmas time Santa Claus can never fail to be there.
Wel gotta go.... prepare for the next year.HO..HO...HO MERRY CHRISTMAS
St.Nicholas

Anonymous said...

hey reshma glad to know ur enjoyin christmas vacation. wel dont stuff urself with too much clothin or ppl wil mistake u for Santa Claus...awaitin ur pics.
love puja

Pea said...

Welcome to London. Hope you enjoy yourself. Am pretty new here myself.. and its my first winter. Drop a mail if you need anything.

Risha said...

@ Ruzan - Yeah dear..I wish you guys were here too. So how was new years..this year at Residency too?

@ St. Nicholoas - Sorry Santa, forgot to mention you in it, but whtz christmas without you, you are always there, so wheres my goodie bag??

@ puja - yes i will send you the pics soon, I went to lords cricket ground....despite me a non-cricketer really appreciated it :-) wish you were here.

@pea - Thanks pea. As they say here i will give you a shout :-)