Friday, November 24, 2006

Bodyguards Tiff

Here is a reply to an anonymous comment on my blog , it was too big for a comment hence this blog, first of all thanks for dropping by my blog Mr/Miss anonymous

This was posted before the incident happened so dint write about the incident and later on I did see the news when this 'bodyguard smackdown' incident happened and was debating in my mind about it here are my thoughts in words below. (With a disclaimer that my thoughts as my blog title reads maybe impious or virtuos)

Firstly Angelina and Brad came out and spoke about it which is below, secondly, even if it did happen, it was not the fav star couple but their bodyguards who were involved in it, and thirdly even if they(bodyguards) did it, I am not sure coz i was not there to witness and i wudnt trust the media totally they were arrested and fined too. So all those who think the bodyguards did it, they might not be that innocent, they were punished too right, so what more do we want? Dint they get their lesson.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Brad and Angelina would hire individuals who were just brutes. After all the humanitarian work they've done, I can't imagine they would surround themselves with anyone who would purposely harm anyone, much less children, without plenty of provocation.

Heres an extract of an interview with Brad pitt sourced from NDTV


Brad: I can argue. I don’t have to agree with it. I may not be used to live life that way.

Irfaan: If I would have known, If I come to know that this kind of language… somebody used this kind of language. I wouldn’t have been sitting here, I wouldn't have come with Brad. This is a sensitive thing for me.

Barkha: So you are absolutely sure that this hasn’t happened?

Irfaan: Ya, I am sure that this hasn’t happened…it was blown out of proportion. I will tell you one thing. Today there was a newspaper. Somebody quoted me saying that you know the bodyguards misbehaved. I never talked to anybody. Although journalists were trying to take comments out of me saying that you were the only Indian, Bollywood actor there. As an Indian think if somebody calls you this. Now this is like putting words in my mouth. I didn’t know what happened, we were inside you know and they were just trying to create something out of it. I felt a little, you know…"

Irfaan too is supporting the couple right, and he just mentioned how media were putting words in his mouth.

Heres an interesting read on
Guarding a celebrity using brain not brawn.

Last but not the least, I think we should create an environment for people to come to India for shoots, touring etc instead of creating such media prbs. One think I surely feel is that Brangelina should have had a press conference initially itself as they arrived in India, then the Paparazzi would not be chasing them as much, coz for them it was like a challenge to click pics of the hiding 'hot celebreties', am sure lot of money was involved in getting a nice shot of the couple for the news. I think the couple gave more priority to their work.

P.S: BTW Anon, I dint hear or read anything about the kick, where did you get that from?

5 comments:

Sunita said...

I dont know if its Indian tendency or human or is it just the press, but when you try hard to get friendly and fail, you start writing the person off and talking offensively as the next step to attracting attention.
I agree we should be attracting a lot of tourist our way than scaring them off with such issues (they are already enough scared of the elephants walking our streets, the snakes, the cows, the dieases, vaccinations etc tec)

Srini said...

Interesting conversation on.. Enjoying it..
Anxiously waiting for Anonymous comments on it..

Here are my thoughts..

Riya, I have found some contradictory statements in ur post. You are claiming that Brad & co neither scolded nor kicked anyone. According to you it is just a media creation and surprisingly you have used the same media to show they are innocent. At the last you have asked for the media proofs for "kick"!!!! If you really want those proofs type "Brad, bodyguard, kick" & click search in google. There are 71,400 proofs waiting for you. personally I feel this post doesn’t make any sense.. It hurted me a bit..

Srini said...

Hi Sunita, I don’t know it is fair enough to comment on a "Comment" but I am doing so because i am a fan of your blog..

Are we scaring tourists?? My thoughts

Media: if our media is creating issues then Hensie Cronje, Gibbs, Azhar, Jadeja last but no the least, Lalu are also innocent.

the snakes, the cows: In US Crocodiles comes on the road. If you don’t believe me, i will send you some pics (Not media pics!! so you can believe)

the diseases: Check US Daily today. US is shivering with "Ganya" fevers!!!

What I feel is, In front of camera everyone is a gentleman. Their interviews are definitely not proofs!!!

If you really want facts, read The Hindu's article on this issue. You will know the facts!!

Sunita said...

Hi srinivas,

I am clean-bowled by your statement 'fan of your blog' :). What can I say but 'Thank You'.

With the 24x7 News channels, it is really difficult to feed these regularly with headlines & breaking news. Media is trying desperately to get to the 'HOTTEST' news items 'that people want to read'. Brangelina was one such 'HOT' news item & their family pics would have sold like hot cakes. Journalism is a lot of adventure and lots of wafer-thin lines which they should not cross including respecting someone's privacy.They have usually got into trouble with stepping over the lines.

About scaring people off, its the perception that people have about India becoz of 'Indiana Jones' or discovery channels(my view), which is changing surely but hasnt completely. you might want to check an earlier post of mine http://sunitathomas.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_archive.html.

I am not comparing India with any other country but just stating how different it is from others.

Risha said...

@ Srinivas : Thanks for dropping by my blog srinivas, am not sure what exactly hurt you, but your comments generated some action in my blog comments :)

In my blog here,
after sensing the hatred for the couple, All I was trying to say to Anon that the couple were not involved in the tiff, its their bodyguards, and they might(bodyguards) minght not be that innocent, they were punished too right, so what more do we want? Dint they get their lesson. so no need to hate these guys.

Regarding the media, well one media was just having rumours and making points and the other media actually had the person talking, i.e. we were hearing from the horses' mouth.

Rest I think Sunita and mulan have conveyed the point well. and yes regarding the kick i still cudnt find kicking the police officer, i cud find tiffs with the brit journalist though.

@ Sunita and Mulan : Thanks for your valuable comments