Tuesday, August 01, 2006

poll

A little background : Radio mirchi were actually linking this story(read post below) with dalmiya - saurav story as to how dalmiya pushed down his kid..not literally (read saurav) and now is the president of icc. Personally i dont think it was a good example/ way to relate the story and this..but the outcome surprised me. here is the poll:

This morning they had a poll on radio mirchi asking their audiences as to
if there is a question of life and death do parents love themselves more or their kids i.e. will they run for their life first or they will save their childs and sacrifice theirs.

vote A : the parent will run for their life first
vote B : the parent will let their child live

mentally i was thinking Vote B, they then narrated a story, in which birbal with the help of a parent monkey and child monkey had proved to Akbar(who believed otherwise like me) that parent monkey pushed down the child monkey in water, just to save its own life.

surprisingly many people were voting for A, which kinda shocked me.
Is it true ?
I have no experiences of being a parent yet, but seeing the possessive mothers near me I always thought it should have been B. Also, am sure all movie buffs agree, our hindi movie always portray how much parent sacrifice for their child.

is it only me who is thinking it would be 'B', would u vote A or B?

5 comments:

Sunita said...

Hey I think people are just having a field day there. Its like someone asking
"Who is the hero in the movie DDLJ"
A) Shakti Kapoor
B) Amrish Puri
C) Shahrukh Khan
so my first instinct would be to say "Shakti Kapoor" :-)

Twisted DNA said...

I think what people think they will do, what people think they 'should' do and what a person does in the situation of panic are probably completely different things. I personally would save my child, the simple reasoning being I love myself and the child equally. But I lived so many years and had fun so he should be given a chance too. But as I said, we don't know what will happen when a person acts in panic. Saving self is, after all, a baser instinct.

Risha said...

@ Sunita : yeah i think it would be first instinct.

@twisted dna : Welcome to my blog world, and thanks for the comment.

Kausum said...

I am not a parent, so no idea what I will do with a child, but, I had read this Birbal story when I was very young and wasnt convinced then and not convinced now either that we would be selecting 'A'. Also, to remember, we are a little different from primates atleast in some sense. So I personally still feel we will have selected 'B'.

On a lighter note, my mom always said, She would select A. She is just tired with my antics.

Anonymous said...

Of course 'B'

-Ruzz