Friday, August 11, 2006

Best bro

This was my best Raksha Bandhan so far, not for the materialistic things but I tied rakhi to my bro myself after 5 years or so and that too both of us dint fight at all :) guess we are getting matured, and guess wht did i get...a LAPTOP...I was so longing for one...and my bro gets me the dell inspiron 6100.
Thanks bro...u r the best....not coz of the laptop(of course this counts too ;)), but by being by my side all the time.
I dont have to worry about so many things coz I know I have an elder bro who can take care of it. God I am so glad I am the younger one :) May all sisters have brothers like you.

I have a friend whose sis keeps demanding a scooty for rakhi, and he is not gonna give it to her now, but is gifting it during diwali, he says whatz the fun in getting things when you expect them, its a different charm to receive them when it is totally unexpected.
I think all bros have their ways of making their sisters happy. I like the way my bro makes me happy :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its nice to see the twinkle in the eyes of u r kid sister when u surprise her with a gift :-) (especially if its the one tht shes been wanting and has been giving umpteen subtle hints...;-) )
PS-
I wonder though why founding fathers of Hindu tradition were averse to seing a similar twinkle in brothers.? cant remember pro-bro festival here..
PPS-
Tht reminds me to make sure my lil sis doesnt get ideas from a certain 'Inspiron Laptop'

qsg said...

:) Cute post! Enjoy your laptop, Risha...

Sunita said...

Lucky you :)!!!

Risha said...

@ anonymous: thanks for your comments, i think you should ask the founding fathers of hindu tradition, i am pretty much hapy with the way it is right now. and hey gimme email id of ur sis..will try to give her some inspiration :)

@qs.gemini : thanks, and hey i have added a link to ur blog in mine, hope thatz okay?

@sunita: thanks dear...for all this stuff i really consider myself lucky :p) not sure wht my bro considers himself

Twisted DNA said...

I would've taken such a great care of her, if I had a sister. But my mom keeps telling me and my brother that if we had a sister, she would've run away from home - I don't know why :)

Anonymous said...

im exercising my lazy fingers here..:-)