Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pune goes International

ya ya...The Pune airport will have International flights in and out of PUNE that is coool..so this means no more travelling to Mumbai to travel abroad , seriously speaking..whenever i have to go to Mumbai to board a flight I would always think of how villagers must be feeling when they have to come to town for mebbe better hospital treatment or to catch some train etc.. I would have the same feeling.

but hey..no more of that (atleast for flights to visit my brother) as International flights for destinations to nearby countries like Dubai, Muscat, Singapore, Bangkok etc will be in Pune too. No more of booking KK travel bus..travel with them to pick up people and then travel to mumbai for 4 hours.......just 45 min drive and you ready to board the flight. How cool is that :)

Am just waiting for Dec 12 2005 ..thatz when Pune is planning to go international...Aviation Minister Patel wants to give his leader Mr. Sharad Pawar(of course for us too) the gift: Take-off of first international flight from Lohegaon (pune airport)
check this out
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=136268

I had my vacation planned for 2 weeks (was suppose to visit my bro last fri) but got cancelled for some reason...but I got the oppurtunity again...Now... ever since my MOM has come to know about this ..she says..I'll fly from Pune only.

3 comments:

Sunita said...

Hey surely that would be really nice to board flights from pune itself and not pack ourselves 6-8 hrs in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hey thats really cool. Now the long drives to Mumbai won't be there anymore.

Thats is a really great thing.

Anonymous said...

Damm.. this means no more goin to Mocha and InOrbit on the way to the Airport! That's sad :(