Friday, July 22, 2005

My car turned 2 :)

Its been 2 years now that I am a proud owner of the Santro Xing.

History
Past 4 years I was planning to buy a car...whether to buy the commonly recommended maruti or Santro or something else. I went through various comparison sheets, sites and what not to see which one is actually best and suitable to me and most important comfy for my mum. These sites are good man..They have nice comparison sheets talking about the weight of the car too..And I thought only gals cared for their weights.

Anyways, finally I decided on Santro Zip drive ..Since I dint have much money then...Requested my bro to buy it...for which he said NO with comments like 'We don't need a car we each have individual vehicles..and Pune is such a place where car driving is not easy', so like an obedient sister kept quiet (as if I had any choice) with all my spirits down like a deflated balloon. Though now am happy coz had he bought the car then..We wud have to live with the flat back zip drive....So good that I waited. And 2 years back I just went to the showroom..gave the cheque and said I want to buy this car (sounds like a richie rich gal eh;)

(I gave the cheque immediately coz that time ppl confused me...buy a indica..not a santro..or buy an Alto..which had just come in market...and I wanted to buy Santro....So before I get influenced by any of the comments I gave the cheque) and there I got the new Sunshine car bright silver in color.

Emotions
Before buying the car, I'd thought that will use my kinetic regularly and drive the car just for long drives or with mum. But I just cud'nt get my hands off the wheel..ever since I bought the santro I never drove my kinetic ( my 10 years companion)..Its so comfortable...listen to music and the cool AC and drive and drive and drive. I dont think I'll ever go back to a two wheeler now despite of driving in Pune roads (read as filled with traffic and UN disciplined driving)

Casualties so far,to the car No lives yet :)
Front bumper - changed once , due to change again -- courtesy my s-I-l
front windshield - changed once - courtesy diwali Diyas from our balcony diving on the car parked down
rear left door - dented and scratched once - courtesy - some rash driver in inox who fled away while I was enjoying my movie
left door due again - this time courtesy Me ...was hurrying in the office parkin lot.
right rear door - dented and scratched once - courtesy my s-I-l

My next car
Hyundai accent or skoda ;) or Scorpio or Honda CRV or....who cares..I love my Xing right now :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good u didnt buy Alto... that wud've tempted u to drive others Xing's :) BTW wish ur Xing a happy birthday and pls remove Yuva cassette from the deck... atleast now :)

Anonymous said...

It's time I bought a Xing too... My white Alto is giving me way to many problems.

Anonymous said...

hmm, good fishing to get me started. Alas! if u had ever driven an Alto, much better than the beat up 800 that gets stalled on the highway. If u regret ur choice of xing, u can alway trade it in rather than making other believe its the best. Worst of all, it only has the most expensive cassette player while u can buy a cd player for half its cost ;)

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jobin said...

hey blog more often girlie ;-)
one sugg :u shud not have comments in pop up yaar .. most ppl have pop up blockers..

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, isn't it time you wrote another blog? May be Nivi's wedding, that would be nice to read.