Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I believe I can fly





I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky...

I was singing this song when I actually flew an aircraft some days back.
yes yes…I did..although the pilot took care of the mere jobs of take off and land...i Iook care of the tedious jobs i.e. take the aircraft to different heights and steer it left and right (no u turns).
so many controls..its amazing to talk with the pilot thru headsets..i tried removing the headset and chatting but couldn't hear a thing, switched back to headsets hearing him talk to the ATC...or the controller on the grounds...this is bravo whiskey bla bla...it was fun :)

10 comments:

qsg said...

You go girl! This is excellent, and needless to say, I am jealous! Good job, there! :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog...!

Preethi said...

Wooow... you actually flew?? Thats tooo good...:)
And btw, thanks a lot for dropping by..:)

Doc said...

Awesome!!! Welcome to aviation. Is possible try and get a ride in the open cockpit biplane. I got a ride in a stearman, a WWII trainer and it was unbeatable. Flying the closed small ones after that seemed pretty dull.

Preet said...

now..dat's somethin u cud term "coool" !!

ams said...

WOW!!!

Risha said...

@ qs.gemini: thanks gemini

@ smiling girl: yes i actually flew...tht was really kewl huh.

@ doc : I'll definitely try it next time, i wanted to try tigermouth...but it was not available.

@ preet : thanks preet

@ amzee : :)

Twisted DNA said...

Wow! That must have been very exciting! Were you nervous?

Risha said...

@ Twisted dna : no i was not nervous , it was not at all scary.

Anonymous said...

@Twisted dna: No she wasn't nervous, the ground crew were :))

Risha said...

@anonymous : thanks for the explanation :)

@ Amit: fortunately or unfortunately i have no pics of the pilot