Sunday, October 09, 2005

what do you want to be in life??

This was a common question asked in childhood, by teachers, parents, writing essays especially What would you do if you were the prime minister (i wonder why we had to write that essay every year) friends, parents friends, guest visiting home etc, especially when the final exams results were out.

I think very few ppl know what they wanna be and others are influenced by their surroundings and wanna be that.

Till my 12th grade I wanted to become a Doctor. Me and my best friend shared the same dream (though now she's a doctor:)) I was always influenced by my family Doctor, since he saved my life when I was a child, and my best friends Dad was a Doctor too.After the results I realized that, I am not made for becoming a Doctor thatz some genius's job. Then I thought I'll be a pilot, later I wanted to join the army (thatz why I joined NCC too), by then I was a graduate and just wanted to be a house wife(yeah that was what I wanted to do :)), but then computers came in to my life and I wanted to be a programmer for animation and ended up in QA.

Now I want to open a coffee shop...This evening was seeing a travel show on TV, and I think that would be an ideal job to do, visit new places, describe them, meet new people, their culture, enjoy the cuisine, get new clothes, shopping, talk to people and apart from that get a salary too....see I still don't know what I want to be in life.

I think in general people can be categorized as
1. people in life know what they want to be in life and achieve it.
2. for some people life just takes them to heights, its their luck and destiny
3. People take life the way it comes
4 yet others they decide something but then they take lot of turns as time changes

I think am of type 3 n 4 how about you??

Nevertheless, I would say whatever type you are of just enjoy each moment of your life.

4 comments:

ams said...

:)) Till I passed tenth standard, I wanted to become 'Kiran Bedi' LOL!
Then I realized its not feasible... so started asserting 'I want to become a detective :)) or a Criminal Lawyer'...
Whenever I meet dad's old friends, they remind me of my funny assertions! ha ha ha!

Sunita said...

:) ha ha ha

I wanted to be Nancy Drew in school. I used to chase thieves in my dreams and usually I used to be falling off a cliff or my bed :).
I guess me too .. type 3.

Anonymous said...

I am surely a 3 & 4 too. I wanted to do little of everything..Never all of anything..

I wanted to be a dentist cause I had to visit one so often as a kid..I figured if I was one I would not cause as much pain to the other kids as this doctor did ..

Well then I realised blood was something I could not handle so here I am a programmer..

he he

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Let's start a coffee joint here! Let's give Starbucks some competition. This will also ensure I get to stay here longer ;)

Well, I was always told to become an Engineer. I'm glad I did my Engineering, even though my initial understanding about that word was something to do with Railway Engines... well Railway toh gaya, Engine mil gaya :)))