Tuesday, June 21, 2005

F R I E N D S

We all have friends around us and I always imagine as to how each friend of mine got added in my life...rather how friends get added in our lives. Initially they are strangers and slowly and gradually amongst so many people only a few sometimes only one person become our friend and stay with us kinda forever. Many times when i think of my friends i always try to remember..when did we first chat or how we met etc etc.

Being in Pune so far in my life i.e born and brought up here i have the privelege of staying in touch with friends from old time. I still have friends from school , college, NCC, aptech and Selectica. But i must say that the number of friends i made in Selectica is equivalent to the total number of friends i made before Selectica.

There in Selectica we colleagues turned friends were together i.e one geographical location for sometime and then they wud go for work on site return home then again go. So there was always a thought that after this project or that assignment we would meet, and so on but for some friends when they left for work thinking that they would return but never returned …We didn’t know that it was our last time we were meeting now they are now working in UK, US , australia..not that we are not in touch now...Thanks to the Internet world.

anyways the point i was trying to make is that whenever we friends parted we never knew that it was the last time we were meeting..but recently a friend relocated back to 'his part of India' and we all knew that we might not meet him again. It was kinda weird feeling to think that he would no longer be around during our lunch and dinner session, to argue, for the drive to bombay in my car though he always said that his 'ALTO' is the best but always had his hands on the wheel of my santro

Parting with friends is not a happy feeling but hey...'INTERNET HAINA'

9 comments:

Sunita said...

Hey girl, kuddos for blogging again. And I agree, friends are an integral part of who you are. I have quite a few friends whom I will treasure for a long long time to come but very vaguely remember how we hit off.

Anonymous said...

Long time man. good to see your blog and the new look.

Pratap said...

good to see u back

Risha said...

Thanks guys...will try to be regular now :)

Ruzan said...

In my case, we always parted when we were at the best of it :( Poor me!

Anonymous said...

i wonder if this was a ploy to make me not to visit pune again, but i definitely wanted to visit all my friends in pune sooner. anyways, i was humbled to hear that i was an argument for lunch/dinner table & also a driver of "escapades to bombay in santro" & return on the same day ( no, night) with everybody fast asleep & me alone keeping my eyes open

Anonymous said...

Hey Reshma,
Nice to see your blog after a long time.Yup I surely miss all the fun times that we had at Selectica..Most of all I miss u guys quite a bit..

Well I do plan to come down this year and we guys got to meet...

Risha said...

Thanks Zee...and be assured we'll have a lot of fun when u return..btw when you planning to come??

Anonymous said...

Hey Reshma ,
I should be coming in November..Will shoot out a mail once I get tickets..Till then Keep blogging :)